Feb 29, 2024  
2022-2023 Undergraduate Bulletin 
2022-2023 Undergraduate Bulletin [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Special Programs

Cooperative Education and Internships

Cooperative Education is a program that formally integrates a student’s studies with work experiences in employing organizations. Students may alternate semesters of full-time study and full-time professional work experience or they may combine work and study in the same term; in either case, students earn academic credit and, in many cases, a salary while gaining valuable experience in a work environment. Internships are available throughout the U.S. in the summer, spring, and fall, and assistance with internships is readily available to eligible students. Students are encouraged to participate in the many programs offered by the Internship office by registering at the Center for Career Development and Internships, rear 236 S. River Streetat the Student Center Gateway or contact the Director of Internships, sharon.castano@wilkes.edu or visit the website at www.wilkes.edu/coop.

Study Abroad

Study Abroad is an elective option open to all students in good academic standing who wish to study at foreign institutions. Earned academic credit may be applied toward the requirements for a bachelor’s degree at Wilkes. Overseas study may be for a period of a year, a semester, or a summer. Information regarding the specific programs available to Wilkes students is available from the Study Abroad Director and the Wilkes University Study Abroad website (https://www.wilkes.edu/academics/study-abroad/). Students who use tuition exchange must complete the “Consortium FinancialAid Agreement” form, available in the Office of the Registrar. Students must also complete all required application materials of the desired program before registering for Study Abroad.Course selection and preregistration take place with the student’s academic advisor in coordination with the Study Abroad Director. Students must complete the “Transfer Credit Request Form” (with all the appropriate signatures) and register for Study Abroad (IS 000) before conducting their study abroad. There is a $70 lab fee associated with IS 000.